January 07, 2012

Airplane (1980)

As it is 2012 I have decided to watch 52 films that I have never ever seen. They are going to range from 1946 until 2011. The films for the club consist of 7 Golden Globes, 6 Academy Awards and a Single BAFTA.

I'm afraid to say that I have never seen Airplane. I had seen it on those best of... sort of shows but never sat through it. The story is about a plane that hasnt got a pilot. Basically thats it because this isnt a film that is defined by it's plot but more by the jokes. Normally in the film club we have a rule that there shouldnt be any gory horror or comedies. On this one occasion we have made an exception.

This film has so many funny jokes that it would be impossible to list them all because there is a chance that I have missed some. It’s one of those films that you could watch time and time again and there would still be some jokes that have been missed.

Airplane is a great film and a great way to start of 2012

No comments: