August 11, 2012

Ted (2012)


Ted is created by Seth MacFarlane who is the genius behind Family Guy, American Dad and The Cleveland Show. This is the story of a guy called Johnny who has a bear that can talk any 27 years later has turned into a foul mouth, pot taking bear.
This film was either going to be terrible or fantastic and thankfully it’s the latter. I think that a film should have at least 10 laughs and Ted achieved this within the first 10 minutes. If you like the humour in Family Guy and those shows then you will like this film because it is very Family Guy in terms of how its laid out. I thought that Mark Wahlberg was very funny and Mila Kunis was very good but wasn’t really there for the comedic stuff but she wasn’t just there for eye candy. She served a purpose. However it was Seth MacFarlane who was the best as the voice of Ted.
There are too many funny moments that I could mention but I liked in particular the mocking of JACK AND JILL and the last SUPERMAN movie. Ted is a funny film that will probably need several viewings to catch all the jokes. It’s a great film and one of the funniest films that I have seen for a long time. There are jokes, there is a plot and as the trailers were playing before and I saw a Keith Lemon trailer my heart sank. Dear Mr Lemon, watch Ted and if you want to do a comedy then this is how you do it.

No comments: