August 11, 2012

100 Ghost Street: The Return of Richard Speck (2012)


Another of the found footage films, this reminds me of Grave Encounters which had a similar set up. However the difference is quite clear as this isnt as good as G.E which has become the standard that these sort of films should be aiming for which is surprising because when I first saw Grave Encounters I didn’t think that I would using the film to rate others in this way. The main difference is that the whole film is littered with really dumb people. Not dumb as in they think that 2+2=5 but dumb in that they are without any interest or any reason for caring about them. Also in Grave Encounters, there was something about the hospital that made the film seem creepy whereas in this film it manages to make even the most scary seem quite boring and every single person that gets killed one by one doesn’t really bother me.

The film has as I have come to expect there are a range of people that I either don’t care about or find annoying. There was the obligatory sexual moment. It wasn’t a particularly pleasant moment as we learnt the ghost would hide under his bed whilst someone was raped on his bed. The scene where you can see the bed springs go up was a tad bit unncersary because it seemed like a desperate attempt to try and stoke some interest but by this point I was just wishing the end would come and sadly it took too long to come around.

When the end did come it was actually quite good. The one remaining person seems like she has escaped she meets a nasty end and the usual ending to these films where no one at the start of the film sees the ending. To be honest its not the worst film I’ve seen of this genre but after seeing so many they start to look a bit the same and this is at least the third film I have seen set in a hospital and it’s the least entertaining.

 

No comments: