May 24, 2012

Blair Witch Project (1999)

It's surprising that after 13 years, this film manages to hold its own. I remember when this came out and I didnt want to see it at the cinema cause I was a wuss (still am). The film sees three filmakers as they do a documentary about a so called Blair Witch. This was in the era when it wasnt possible to think it was anything other than a film.

It was the first film of its kind that I ever saw and you can see where films like Paranormal Activity get their inspiration from however whilst I might not find this film as scary as I had done in previous years but I still think that there are several creepy moments. I thought that the final 10 minutes was particuarly creepy and well done by the actors.

There is one flaw with the film. All they need to do is to find the river and just follow it. It cant go around in a circle and they would eventually find something resembling civilisation. That flaw aside its still a damn good movie and compared to said Paranormal Activity, its still the benchmark for good found footage horror films.

No comments: