April 28, 2012

The Maltese Falcon (1941)

I have to admit that I found this film to be totally boring. Only Humphrey Bogart stopped me from falling asleep. It started off promisingly and I was thought that this was going to be quite an interesting little film but after about 15 I found the film quite boring and totally dull, lacking any tension or anything in the way of charisma. None of the characters were believeable and the whole idea was totally stupid which is a shame because Bogart is regarded as one of the most popular actors of his generation.

This is the only Bogart film I have ever seen but whilst I liked Bogart's performance, the film was utter tripe and I was relieved when it was over. I wouldnt say its the worst film that I have ever seen but its only because of Bogart. Remove him from the film and its on par with the 1969 True Grit.

No comments: