December 17, 2011

The Muppets Christmas Carol (1992)

Remarkably I have never seen The Muppets Christmas Carol. I’m ashamed to admit it but its just one of those films that I was aware of but never got the opportunity to watch so whilst I was browsing in HMV I bought it for £5 which I thought was a bargain. The film stars Sir Michael Caine who isnt the sort of person I would have thought of to appear in this film. The new Muppets film is due to appear in cinemas in 2012 and it seems like a good opportunity to watch it. Especially at this time of year.

The only issue I have with this film is that there isnt anywhere near enough Fozzie Bear. I think that Fozzie is the bear of the Muppets and quite why he reduced to effectively a cameo role is beyond me. Apart from that the film is very good and does a great job of making the story fit the franchise.

Occasionally there are films that don’t quite live up to expectations but I’m glad to say that The Muppets Christmas Carol isnt one of those. It’s as good as I hoped it would be. Michael Caine is very good as Scrooge and all the muppets are as funny as they should be.

No comments: